Work Towards Building a Strong Immune System: below are strategies designed to strengthen your immune system and protect your health..
Get Your Blood Flowing: Improving your blood flow helps your cells receive the oxygen and nutrients they need to stay healthy. As part of your immune system, white blood cells move through vessels to fight-off foreign invaders. Simple ways to improve blood flow at home:
- Stay Active: keep your body moving with home exercise, dance, stretch. Watch the video below for the smartest exercise to get your blood flowing.
- Keep well hydrated with clean, filtered water (more below). Dehydration can reduce blood flow.
- Apply heat: use hot packs, take a hot bath (add Epsom salt or Magnesium and add essential oil for extra benefits.)
- Use technology: check into BEMER, a medical device for improving blood flow up to 30%, while resting.
We offer rentals, sessions and sales at the office. Click for more information.
Stay Hydrated: drinking plenty of clean water is important for supporting blood flow, lymph flow, toxin removal and general health. The quality of your water matters! Filtering impurities from your tap water is one of the key strategies for supporting your overall health. The best company we found for filtering our water is ClearlyFiltered. They offer the most powerful water pitcher filtration system with technology certified to remove “an average of 99.7% of 232+ contaminants. That's more contaminants and a higher level of removal than any other water filter on the market.” Get one at the office or order Online.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep: Your health is greatly improved with a good night's sleep. In fact, the time and quality of your sleep is probably the most important time of your day since it is the time your body does repair processes. If you do not sleep well, your body does not repair well. If you are having trouble sleeping, here are two recommendations to consider:
- BrainTime: a sound-based program that helps your brain improve it’s timing and plasticity. If you are dealing with insomnia, declining memory, scattered attention, difficult learning, or chronic, high-level stress, then try it! Using my link saves you money every month: BrainTime.
- Use a quality pillow: a common question in the office is about a good pillow and we have a few recommendations, depending on how you sleep:
- For spinal support and neutral alignment, back sleepers generally need support under the neck and little to no pillow under the head.
- Side sleepers need good support to fill the gap between the bed, neck and head to keep the spine in neutral.
- One new pillow on the market developed with the help of a chiropractic researcher may offer excellent support keeping the cervical spine in a neural position while sleeping on the side, back or both. Watch this and contact the office to order.
Control Your Stress: chronic stress is vasoconstrictive, inflammatory and can impact the immune system. There are many solutions to help manage stress: meditation, diaphragmatic breathing, mindfulness, prayer, reiki, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, cupping, BrainTime, BEMER. If you are feeling stuck in negative thoughts that cause you daily stress, having a trained health coach may help you release yourself from long-term negative beliefs. Contact me for quality referrals and specific recommendations for your condition.
Get Adjusted: keep your muscles and joints moving freely, while boosting your immune system. Chiropractic care is known for improving immune function. Call for an appointment 650-688-2020.
Quality Nutritional Support: since a large part of your immune system is in the gut, give your body and digestive system the nutrients it needs to function optimally & support your overall health. In general, eat healthy, micro-nutrient dense, home cooked meals and avoid sugars, fried and processed foods.Below are some ways to boost nutrition for preventative health:
- Vitamin C: important for your immune system, growth and repair of all body tissues. Foods high in Vitamin C are red & green pepper, kiwi, citrus fruits, strawberries, Brussel sprouts and broccoli. There are a variety of C supplements: Ascorbic Acid, Buffered C or Vitamin C with Flavonoids
- Cruciferous Vegetables: eat organic vegetables such as Broccoli, Broccoli Sprouts, Brussel Sprouts, Bok Choy, and Cabbage, They contain sulforaphane, a sulfur-rich compound that protect cells from free-radical damage. Here is a sulforaphane supplement: Thorne Crucera-SGS.
- Garlic: is anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting and supports cardiovascular health. Raw or lightly heated garlic retains benefit: Recipe: mince 2 cloves and let sit for 15-mins., then add olive oil and salt or mix the garlic in a spoonful of honey as a spread.
- Ginger: has multiple medicinal properties, including anti-inflammatory and warding off germs. Simple Ginger Tea Recipe: steep thinly sliced ginger (1-tsp+) to a cup of boiling water. Cover and let sit for 5-mins., add lemon & honey to taste (about 1-tbsp each), optional add: garlic, turmeric.
- Turmeric: multiple medicinal properties including potent anti-inflammatory and immune-supporting properties. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. You can cook with turmeric, add it to the tea recipe above or take as a supplement, Thorne’s Meriva-SF, a well-absorbed, sustained release curcumin.
- Vitamin D: known for healthy bones and muscles, it also supports cardiovascular and immune function. The best food sources are fatty fish, beef liver and egg yolks. Thorne offers Vitamin D-1000 or Vitamin D/K2 Liquid supplements for extra support.
- Zinc: has been shown to support immune system cells. An easily absorbed form of zinc is sold by Throne: Zinc Picolinate.
- Mushroom Formulas: mushrooms have been used medicinally for centuries and are well-established for supporting the immune system. This is a tasty mushroom formula, Myco-Immune, by Thorne.
- Glutathione: the body’s most potent antioxidant. Glutathione is made in the liver with 3 amino acids (cysteine, glutamate and glycine.) Levels may reduce due to poor nutrition, environmental toxins, & stress.
Ways to support your glutathione production:
(1) do a safe liver cleanse, contact me for advice on this
(2) best food sources include organic cruciferous vegetables, grass-fed beef, wild caught fish and free-range poultry.
(3) IV glutathione, speak to your local naturopathic doctor. Contact me for a recommendation.
(4) consider supplements: either a sustained release glutathione or precursor supplements, such as NAC or Glycine.
- Probiotics: friendly bacteria can benefit your gut, health and immune function. Probiotic rich foods are fermented foods, such as: pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, tempeh, miso and kombucha. It is important to consume quality probiotic foods and supplements. Here is one by Thorne.
- Resveratrol: can benefit healthy aging and a normal inflammatory response by supporting blood vessel elasticity and healthy blood flow. Good food sources include red wine, red grapes, blueberries, cranberries, and dark chocolate. Thorne has a few options for supplementing with Resveratrol and Resveratrol blends.
The above recommendations are for general preventative health, if you use any of the supplement links above to make a purchase, it gives you free shipping and a discount on your entire Thorne order. If you have a health condition, seek advice from your primary healthcare provider before taking any supplements.
|BEMER is a scientifically proven medical device used by a growing number of households, healthcare professionals, veterinarians, and sports professionals around the world to enhance general blood flow and energy.|
BEMER Rentals, Sessions & Sales, Contact Us: 650-688-2020
Or watch this: Interactive BEMER Presenation for more information.
|Speed Your Healing
With a simple brain-based process that takes just minutes a day.
Help your brain work better. |
Improving your brain can benefit:
Sleep, Memory, Attention, Learning, Stress, General well-being.
CLICK HERE to learn more about BrainTime and sign up today!